The art of sha...

Well now... i have been prompted to start this blog by someone telling me that the stuff i'd written was good.

I protested. But so did he.

SO i figure, that there must be something to having a little forum to rant out your thoughts and ideas... my own little corner of cyberspace in which i may be as completely ridiculous as i please. With absolutely no retribution. That pleases me.

I forgot how awesome Dave Gorman and his one-time writer/comedy/flatmate compadre Danny Wallace are at making me chuckle. Not laugh or giggle, but chuckle. From deep within me, happiness exudes when i read their stuff. It's funny cos it's true!

I have a couple of ideas for things which i still want to produce. One of which is an article called 'the art of sha!' which should really be a (slighly comical) look at Scottish music and Scottish bands who use a 'sha!' within their songs... i want to find out the history of it, how it works and all the ins and outs of sha (which sounds more like a sex self help book), and write all about my ridiculous findings. For what i dont know, but the outcome is less important than the process i think.

It started when my very good friend
Romana introduced me to 'Big Country' on a drunken escapade (as we're prone to having). When i realised that those who knew the songs we were listening to were all doing this 'sha' thing, i wanted to know more about it. I drunkenly fired a huge number of questions about 'sha' at them (to a great deal of comedy derision and laughter) and in my glorious inebriation i vowed there and then to find out all there was to know about it.

(in the syle of Waynes World) Sha will be mine. Oh yes. Sha will be mine.

Comments

Popular Posts